Imagine yourself in a place where you can expand your knowledge while solving some of the greatest challenges in tech today. Where game-changing individuals are essential for game-changing products.
We are 13|37 and we believe in people, values, and lifelong learning. Could this be where you belong?
We are an international software consultancy company that empowers our clients and colleagues through the co-creation of sustainable tech solutions.
With more than 300 passionate individuals, we are a mix of over 40 diverse nationalities and cultures. We proudly celebrate that our colleagues come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and firmly believe that it enriches all of our lives and the software we create.
At 13|37, we are invested in growing with our clients, our community, and each other. We live and breathe knowledge and we believe in potential. Our mission is to help you discover yours. We invest in you, your technical skills, and your development as a software professional.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a knowledgeable and driven individual with senior levels of professional experience and also experience in taking a technical lead role.
As a Backend Developer, you will play a crucial role within our culture. Aside from years of experience and past titles, we value a passion for delivering high-quality work, ambition to solve problems, and enthusiasm for continuous improvements. You will be a value multiplier, helping us advance our colleagues, our company, and our culture.
Those who succeed in this role usually have:
- At least 8+ years of professional experience in Java or .NET development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in cloud computing (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- A tool belt equipped with automation, build, and performance tools
- Experience with containerization and great development habits
- A thirst for knowledge - always curious, keeping up-to-date, and sharing what you know!
You'll make us extra excited with:
- Experience with agile software development, working in cross-functional teams, continuous testing, and high levels of flexibility
- Previous experience in taking a leading role in a software project/team
- Exceptional dedication to the community through your commitment to open-source or other visible initiatives
What will you do?
As a Backend Developer consultant, you will get to develop new skills through dynamic assignments that are technologically advanced. You will get to work alongside brilliant minds, focusing on innovation instead of maintenance.
- Join our hand-picked colleagues and together co-create custom software, to impact large numbers of users in Scandinavia and beyond
- Work in a distributed team with co-located and remote colleagues
- Design and build modern, secure, and highly available solutions
- Have the opportunity to participate in discussions, facilitate workshops and share knowledge about your topics of expertise
- Proactively help your colleagues grow and improve with code reviews, pair programming, and other extreme programming practices
- Continuously enhance ways of working regarding relationships, tools, and best practices
We put knowledge in the spotlight - this is what you get:
To assure that we never stop gaining and sharing knowledge among ourselves, with our clients, and with the community, this is a selection of our "knowledge buffet":
- Competence groups, code lunches, local and international conferences, and masterclasses are some examples of how we meet up, socialize and share knowledge within the organization.
- Some examples of our contributions to the community are our community conference leetspeak, live-streamed knowledge sharing, and hackathons.
- Combine all this with the freedom of having your own knowledge budget to be spent on conferences, additional tooling, education, licenses, or gadgets, along with a supportive and engaging spirit on top of it all.
Would you like to learn more?
Get some insights into life at 13|37 by checking out our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Flickr.
For contact or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you